By Stuart Benson
Press Release from CISSSO:
The CISSS de l'Outaouais today confirms that the city of Gatineau and the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais will now go to the maximum alert level Red. The significant increase in cases in the past days and weeks in connection with a growing number of outbreaks in the Outaouais has justified this level change.
For these sectors, it is now not recommended to make non-essential trips between
red, orange or yellow areas and outside of Quebec. Most of the measures will come into effect on Sunday, October 11, starting tonight at 12:01 a.m., such as the closing of bars, theatres, restaurants, except for deliveries, take-out or drive-throughs.
However, certain measures, in particular those concerning schools and sports, will come into effect on Thursday, October 15, overnight from Oct. 14 to 15.
The measures surrounding the maximum alert level are:
- No visits to the home or chalet (except for people living alone who can receive only one visitor, family caregivers, people offering services or support and labour for
work already planned)
- No visit to CHSLDs, private residences and intermediate residences for
elderly people with the exception of family caregivers and humanitarian visits;
- No private gatherings;
- No activities in public places (except events permitted with mask-wearing and places of worship and funerals);
- Interregional trips are not recommended;
- Closure of restaurants, bars, theatres, cinemas, spas and saunas;
- All organized leisure and sports, outside the school context, must be suspended;
- Only individual or duo sports or leisure activities will be allowed;
- Closure of training rooms and fitness centers;
- Shops and boutiques remain open
Following the move to the red zone for the Outaouais, the CISSS de l'Outaouais asks the population to make a collective effort while the Covid-19 situation is increasingly worrying and its spread is increasing. Compliance with health instructions is everyone's business and every citizen must contribute.
The Public Health Department reminds the population that the instructions concerning screening remain the same. For those who have symptoms or concerns about Covid-19, we invite them to first, use the 'symptom self-assessment tool' online and if necessary, contact the dedicated information line at 1-877-644-4545.
For any information on Covid-19, the population is invited to consult the website of the Government of Quebec at www.quebec.ca/coronavirus or the website with Covid-19 information for the Outaouais at https://cisss-outaouais.gouv.qc.ca/covid-19/